Official Rules Fun n Sun Couples Team Bass Trail
1. RULES AND REGULATIONS: These rules are set forth and must be strictly followed by all contestants. The decision of the tournament director will be final on all matters. Any and all tournaments, subject to Polygraph at anytime.
2. MEMBERSHIP FEE: $35 per couple. A couple must consist of one male and one female who fish together as a member of the same team from the same boat. Membership is open at any time during the tournament year. No more than two qualifying events may be fished entered by only one member of the same team. A substitute may fish as a replacement partner in those tournaments. Any contestant who has failed a polygraph test in connection with any bass tournament will not be eligible to compete in Fun n Sun CouplesTournaments.Contestants under the age of 18 must have the signature of their parent or guardian to compete.
3. ENTRY FEES: Each couple is required to pay an entry fee of $100 before fishing in a tournament. $15 of each team entry goes toward the Championship and $10 goes towards Men’s Big Bass and Ladies Big Bass.
4. TACKLE: Only artificial lures may be used, the only exception is pork rinds. Only one rod may be used at one time, though others may be rigged and ready in the boat, but each cast must be completed before the next cast is made.
5. FISH LENGTH/LIMITS: Each couple may weigh in five fish per day. Minimum length is 14 inches (all species) (unless fishing a slot lake) measured on a flat board, mouth closed, tail compressed. Only largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass will be weighed and .50 will be deducted for each dead fish. No more than five fish can be brought to the scales. A sixth fish may be held in the boat temporarily for culling purposes only. There will be a (1) pound penalty for each short fish and the short fish will not be weighed.To be considered for Ladies Big Bass, the fish must be marked/tagged with a cull ring, clip etc. before presented for weighing. Unmarked fish will not be considered for Ladies’ Big Bass. Official measuring board is a PRO-RULE.
6. CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT: Teams qualifying for the Fun n Sun Couples Championship must have a minimum of 250 points in a region or compete in 4 tournaments from a combination of different regions. Points will not transfer from region to region (for AOY race).
7. PROTESTS: Any contestant wishing to file a protest of another contestant must do so in writing within (15) minutes after the official weigh-in is over. Must include names and registration number of the boat.
8. SPORTSMANSHIP: All contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and conservation and to conduct themselves in a manner that will be a credit to themselves, Fun n Sun Couples and the sport of fishing. If a contestant does not comply with the standards set forth, Fun n Sun Couples and its DIRECTORS shall have the right to refuse any and all APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP TO FUN N SUN COUPLES.
9. RULE DECISION: The determination and interpretation of the rules shall be at the discretion of the DIRECTORS or OFFICIALS and shall be final. Fun n Sun Couples rules and regulations are subject to change at any time by the DIRECTORS or OFFICIALS; however any change will be posted at registration.
10. BOATS/MOTORS/SAFETY: There is no horsepower minimum or maximum, however motor cannot exceed BIA rating for the boat which it is on. No trolling with the big motor. Each contestant is required to have on a zipped or fastened Coast Guard approved life preserver any time the boat is on plane.
11. ALCOHOL/DRUGS: Contestants will abstain from consuming alcohol beverages until after tournament hours and after polygraph tests are finished.
12. PRE-TOURNAMENT PRACTICE: No OFF LIMITS prior to tournament events
13. PERMITTED FISHING WATERS: No tube or wade fishing. No fishing within 25 yards of a competitor’s boat or 50 yards of a boat that is anchored or tied without the permission of the occupants.
14. POINTS: Points will be awarded to couples by order of their finish in each tournament determined by total weight of their catch. Starting with 100 points for 1st place, 99 points for 2nd, and so on. Teams who do not weigh any fish will be awarded 10 points less than the last couple with fish for entering the tournament.
15. ANGLERS OF THE YEAR: Anglers of the Year are selected on the basis of highest point finishers in each region. Only points awarded during the regions 6 qualifying tournaments count toward AOY. If there is a tie for AOY, then total weight will be the tie breaker.Anglers of the Year will fish the next year’s season free in their region. Championship entry fee not included.
16. LATE PENALTY: Contestants who are not at the official check-in point as directed by the DIRECTOR will be disqualified from the day’s tournament.
17. GUIDE RULE: Full Time Professional Bass Guides that have guided in the last 3 months on the tournament lake may not fish the Fun n Sun Couples Tournament Trail on the guided lake.
***PAYS 1 IN 5 ENTRIES**